Rockman X -style 2D action Super Aloi Ranger -It is a considerable effort to adjust the difficulty, so that anyone can clear it [Developer Interview]

This project is an interview with the developer of the new indie game that you are interested in. This time, we will deliver a mini-interlocked show to the developer of the Rock man X-style 2D action Super Aloe Ranger , which was released on September 14 for ALLOY MUSHROOM development and PCs.

This work is a 2D action like Rock man X. Utilizing various mobile techniques such as jumping, dash, aerial dash, wall climbing, and two-stage jumps, we will clear the gimmicks of various stages lurking in danger. At the end of each stage, a huge and dangerous machine boss is waiting for the player. It has already been supported in Japanese.

Super Alloy Ranger is being distributed for 1,010 yen.

— First, please introduce yourself. What is your favorite game?

MUSHROOM Hello, this is Mushroom. I became an indie game developer who was active alone because of the 2D game addiction. I love playing games, painting, and reading books, and these are my life. Sometimes I go to the game center to enjoy the atmosphere. My favorite games are Rock man X and Metal Slug... The rest is the Tales of series and the 2D Ranch Story series.

――Why did this work develop?

MUSHROOM I've played a lot of games, so I wanted to make a lot of games myself. However, I was just an artist, so I decided to participate in the development team that makes games of the genre I want to make. However, as I was doing other jobs, I realized that it was not good to leave my dreams to others. And I started making games with my favorite genre. For this game, I pulled out all my knowledge, thoughts, and stories in my head. As a result of a long effort, I was able to show this work to the world. There are still parts that are not enough, but I would like you to play. I'm glad if you like it.

―― Please tell me the characteristics of this work.

MUSHROOM I have played a producer, artist, and writer of the game called The Vagrant, but this is the first game to make al1. I had no programming experience. In this work, I incorporated the operation feeling, stage design, and boss movements that I envisioned, so I tried not to regret anyway. People who often play home game consoles may find some nostalgic points in this work. In addition, this work has hidden roads and hidden items in the stage, and various types of bosses will appear. The weapons and the feeling of operation have been added from the same genre of the same genre, and the original one has been added. The main character emphasizes that it can move quickly.

――What kind of person do you want this work to play?

Mushroom retro game consoles and 2D actions of arcade 2D actions, people who can enjoy boss battles, secrets, and beautiful dot painting fans will enjoy this work. In addition, we are working hard on the difficulty adjustment of this work, so we made it so that anyone can clear it. If you are a NEW, Super Nintendo, and arcade game generation, you may be surprised to play this work, Seriously! I like this developer!? I wanted to do this all the time. The content of this work is not large, but I am glad if everyone can enjoy it. In addition, this work also provides extra content after clearing.

— Is there any work influenced by this work?

MUSHROOM I am a big fan of Rock man X and Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, so this work has been greatly influenced by these games. I am very grateful to Cap com and SNK for making these wonderful games. I've spent tremendous time in these games, so creating a game similar to these was my goal of my life. The art and story of this work were very greatly influenced by Castro Boy and Fire bird. I am really grateful, SAMU Tea.

――What had an impact on the development of the new Coronavirus?

MUSHROOM This work is a solo project, and all art, writing and programming have been performed al1. As a result, pandemic had little effect on development. There was almost no need to leave my room.

――Is it okay to distribute or monetize this work?

Mushroom, of course. If you like this work, please distribute it freely!

-Finally, please give a message to Japanese readers.

I saw some screenshots, videos, and reply by Japanese players. What I noticed was that we live in different countries, but play a lot of the same game, watch the same movies and animations, and share many good memories. And these memories make me feel like I understand what this developer likes. I am the same. We may have never met or have never talked. Nevertheless, these memories create a connection between us and create our common language. Finally, please play this work!

--thank you very much.

Comments